Demetrias

Demetrias

Saturday, January 8, 2011

The adventure continues...



Demetrias' leg is finally beginning to heal but looks pretty gross still. Its right where he bends his leg so it constantly opens. Riding has been extremely tough as of late.
Since we don't know a lot about chronic uveitis and I am not a doctor I am just guesstimating here. I feel like D's vision has changed as in he has less. He has always been willing to move forward but the last few weeks he has been questioning where I am placing him. He is very alert and pays attention to nearly everyone except for me which makes riding rather hazardous.
Due to his desire to listen to everything he is extremely crooked. His front and back end are going to different ways.
So, lessons have scaled back considerably, right now the focus is on getting him to bend again and to slow and speed up with my seat. He is perfectly happy to not work but at the same time does seem to want to work when we get moving. He wants to trust and learn but you can tell that all his instincts are having an argument.
Today was extremely windy but I tacked up anyways knowing we wouldn't accomplish much. I put his christmas present from Kim on too, a quarter sheet, figured if the flapping didn't bother him it was something else for him to get used to.
He handled the flapping and jumps falling really well but we stayed at a walk. His neck was decently relaxed today and so we continue w/our baby steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment