Demetrias

Demetrias

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Its been a year...

A year ago, April 5th, it was a Monday D and I made our way, accompanied by the Sayer family, to NC State to figure out what exactly was going on with him. I remember riding the day before not sure when I would ride again and feeling hope that maybe they wouldn't find anything or find something easy. Roger generously drove and Shady helped me keep my head. Jacob didn't have much choice :) but was a trooper napping whenever he could.
We have made it through the year with quite a few bumps and bruises and many tears on my part, but D is whole and healthy and adjusting to life without site relatively well for an 11 year old thoroughbred with excess energy. :) Just this week D was cast in his stall and scraped up his right front leg and above his left eye which is essentially dead anyways. As is usual for my horse, treating his leg was extremely stressful for him but his eyes were no big deal at all. Try putting medicine on his leg and he panics, above his eye, all is well- what a goober. :)He likes to nap during the day and doesn't usually get cast but he is large, cannot see and has Grace to think about. We're not sure if its Gracie's fault or not, we'll see...
I am grateful for his health and all the people who add to his longevity. We shall see what this next year holds...

No comments:

Post a Comment