Demetrias

Demetrias

Monday, April 25, 2016

The work of waiting

     
     I was reading a book to my students the other day and the chapter was entitled "The Work of Breathing" and it really caught my attention. Breathing, we don't think about it at all, when it will happen or how it will happen, it just happens, we breathe. The only time I really think about breathing and where the next breath will come from is when I am sick and breathing becomes work.

     In my last post I was freaking out. Life and debt were overwhelming me and my dear boy had become super awful and it was just a little. too. much...

     However, I am surrounded by amazing people, who listened and let me cry and allowed me to process my panic and come to the realization that we would be okay.

     Demetrias has transitioned to 24/7 in the pasture amazingly well. He loves it, in fact. Here I thought I was doing him a favor letting him have stall time. He is on a thiamin supplement, (B1) and that has changed our life. He is settled enough to listen and if he is listening we can do anything.

     In short, I have my horse back. We are riding. We are cantering. I have my horse back.

I am still praying (and waiting) for that someone who would like to ride him (on -site lease) because he still has a lot of energy, a lot of skill and teaching to offer and I still have a full time job.. but D and I are a team and that team has not seen it's last day.

      So, we wait... the work of waiting...


    D is there in the background, can you see him? What an appropriate picture a friend sent me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment