Demetrias

Demetrias

Sunday, July 11, 2010

D-Day

On March 17 Dr. W. came back to check on D. I was unable to be there so my friend Erika took my list of questions and was my stand- in. The news was not good. His eyes had not responded the way we hoped and her initial concern was now more correct. His stitches had healed nicely but the cloudiness was still going strong.
Dr. W. left me w/more medicine, instructions and a phone number for the ophthalmology aka ophtho department at North Carolina State University. With fear and trepidation I called and set up an appointment for Demetrias on April 5. That was the first I could do since it was a day off for me. NC State is 4.5 hours a way so the trip would take all day.
For the next few weeks I proceeded as normal with my horse, training, turn outs, etc with just a few tweeks- D lived with a fly mask on which worked as sunglasses since we were dilating his pupils and we also switched him to night turn out...D seemed comfortable and so we continued our routine. Little did I know how soon this would end.
My gladiator boy doing his 2 favorite things- eating and checking out the water trough. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment