Demetrias

Demetrias

Sunday, July 11, 2010

In the Beginning


You know how little girls start off dreaming of horses? You'll do just about anything to ride one, be around one, smell one... that little girl was me. I can't imagine my life with out horses.
I bought my second horse, Demetrias Brother in March of 2009 after a 6 year lapse in horse ownership. I'm not sure how I lasted so long.
In May of 2009 I had the vet out to check on suspect looking eyes. We asked if it was the worst case- moonblindness aka uveitis and were assured that it was not.
After a nostril flushing and a week of ointment his eye cleared up and antihistamine in his food seemed to solve the problem, or so we thought.
February of 2010 brought cold weather, even snow here in South Carolina and cloudy eyes in Demetrias. This time the cloudiness was in both eyes. I ignored it since I had been told it was allergies and I myself could feel allergies beginning despite the cold. I'm not sure if it would have made any difference but I do wonder.

No comments:

Post a Comment