Demetrias

Demetrias

Sunday, July 11, 2010

The plot thickens


In March Demetrias ran into a branch while turned out in the field. This cut, pictured, required stitches and so we called our vet. The vet on call, we'll call her Dr. W., took one look at the cloudiness in D's eyes and asked the words I had been dreading, "Are his eyes always this cloudy?"
My heart sank. I had been noticing that his eyes had been getting cloudier but I had been hoping that it was still just the allergies. I didn't have the expertise and frankly didn't have the money for a vet call that could potentially be for nothing.
The cloudiness had spread into his right eye this time. Dr. W. stitched D up and then gave me medicine for his eyes. I have become quite familiar with these medicines. D got Neo-poly-dex 2 times a day as well as Atropine to dilate his eyes so that when she came back she might be able to see into his eyes as well as banamine for the pain. The cornea was so constricted she couldn't get a clear picture of what was wrong with him.
I held my horse up, because he is a cheap date :), and just let the tears flow. I'm not sure how long my boy was in pain but I'm guessing for awhile.
Our journey with uveitis was just beginning...

No comments:

Post a Comment