Demetrias

Demetrias

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

June 12, 2010




Saturday morning started the same as Friday however with a new student whose name I cannot remember. D had made it through the night uneventfully and was ready to go home. We opted to leave on Sunday morning since that gave him one more day to re-coup and be observed and that was the easiest time for Roger to come back and get us.
Christa came to meet my boy who was great but obviously stressed since a lot of grass went uneaten when we went outside. Overall, he was doing well but I was anxious to get him home.
You are only allowed to stay for one hour and so after fussing with his for awhile and talking to Dr. G about what he would need at home. Christa and I headed out for a day of sprucing up her porch. :)
Coming home D would need to stay on the same 4 medicines but the dosages would rapidly decrease bringing him down to just neo-poly-dex 2x a day and atropine once a day for the rest of June and the beginning of July.
I had a lot of traveling coming up so I was grateful that his medicine regiment would decrease quickly since I was relying on my friends to take care of him and even though I knew they were willing I felt bad that he needed so much.
Sunday, June 13- D walked out of his stall, shipping boots and all w/a purpose. He loaded on his second inspection and stood on the trailer so quietly. He was SO ready to go home. I was extremely grateful but also really ready to get him home. We came home to a decorated stall- thanks girls and I was never so thrilled to put him into his own stall.
Now, to recovery...

No comments:

Post a Comment