Demetrias

Demetrias

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

June 11, 2010



You know what's amazing about taking your horse to a university? They are all over his care. They had a hoof pick and clean brush in the rack for him. They took him outside to graze and were willing to feed him whenever. Each morning I got a call from his assigned student letting me know how he handled the evening.
Friday morning I got a phone call at 8 a.m. telling me they were about to go into surgery and were hopeful about doing just a local anesthesia and just keeping him in a sling. Nicole said she would call me as soon as he got out of surgery and was in recovery. I spent the day reading on Christa's couch and pacing waiting for the phone call telling me all was well.
Around 11 a.m. I got the call from Nicole saying he was in recovery (a padded stall- really) and they had been able to keep him up so the risk of colic was basically nil. She told me to wait a few hours but unlike what I had been told if he had to be put completely under, I was allowed to see him that day. :)
Around 4 p.m. I headed off to see my boy. He was extremely out of it but I was glad to see him.

No comments:

Post a Comment